Is there anything more comforting than a warm loaf of bread?! Pair this AMAZING banana bread with the brown butter frosting and a cup of coffee, and you’ll feel this easy and indulgent recipe working its comforting magic in nooooo time.
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten (0r, feel free to sub in the EVA Egg White Protein from MTN OPS according to the package for a healthy substitution plus 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil)
- 4 over-ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brown Butter Frosting
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened butter and brown sugar, and beat together with the paddle attachment for 3 minutes. Then, add the eggs and bananas and beat for another 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon (if using!) and salt; whisk everything to combine.
- With the mixer set to low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until the flour is just mixed in. Take care not to over mix the batter!! This should take less than one minute. Then add the vanilla and beat for 3-5 seconds–just enough to incorporate.
- Place the dough into a greased loaf pan: I recommend lining it with a strip of parchment paper so it is easier to remove after baking (for easiest loaf-to-mouth lifting, too.)
- Bake at 350F for about 55-60 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, add 2 sticks of the butter to a skillet, preferably a light-bottom skillet. Set the skillet over medium heat and allow the butter to brown lightly. It will smell delicious and toasty after about 3-5 minutes. Once the butter solids are golden brown remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once the brown butter has cooled, add the brown butter, the remaining stick of butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip for 5 minutes.
- Once the banana bread is cool and no longer warm, top it with the brown butter frosting, and DIG IN!!
Let me know in the comments below if you make this heavenly loaf (or several) for yourself or someone you love–getting yourself some serious cred as a baker and as the ultimate bringer-of-comfort-foods.