August 31, 2021
One of my most asked questions is, “Hey Eva! Where should we eat when we come to Raleigh?!” so I decided to put together a Raleigh restaurant guide for those of you planning to visit!
◦ Brewery Bhavana: A touch of Indonesian + Chinese with lots of beer on tap, cocktails, and wine. Their beers are “inspired and cultivated through years of travel, education, and personal experience.”
◦ Bida Manda: A Laotian restaurant and bar where you can experience the diverse food traditions and culture of Laos.
◦ Vita Vite (wine bar): Where art + wine meet! For every girl’s night, date night, or “me time”, unwind and enjoy a good glass of wine, craft beer, small plates, and desserts.
◦ Mulino: An Italian kitchen + bar and recently announced one of the “best restaurants in downtown Raleigh” – their lasagna is a fan-favorite!
◦ 42nd St Oyster Bar: A southern seafood tradition! This oyster bar has become one of the South’s most famous landmark restaurants and you have to try it.
◦ St. Roch Oyster Bar: Did someone say oysters and champagne?! This restaurant is a Raleigh go-to for cliche-free New Orleans cuisine. Familiar dishes bring surprising flavors.
◦ Sono Sushi: This is a must if you’re a sushi fan! An authentic Japanese cuisine with a welcoming, family-style atmosphere. The menu includes a variety of fresh seafood every day and over 30 types of maki rolls.
◦ Tazza Kitchen: A high-energy casual eatery featuring local ingredients, brick oven pizzas, tacos, salads, and shareable starters. Inspired by Baja Mexico and the Amalfi Coast.
◦ City Market Sushi: Another fave for all you sushi lovers. This place has the coolest atmosphere and yummiest menu ever!
◦ Taverna Agora: An authentic Greek kitchen + bar with old-world flavors and rustic roots. The upstairs part of the restaurant is the place to be!
◦ Humble Pie: In the heart of Raleigh’s warehouse district, this restaurant serves yummy dishes meant to share. The menu is seasonal, and the tastes will make you a regular.
◦ Stir: The perfect place to sip a cocktail over a dozen oysters. With food prepared from scratch, Stir even has a raw bar with the freshest seasonal seafood available.
◦ Crawford & Son: A casual neighborhood restaurant that serves a unique menu that ranges from the familiar to the unexpected. From heirloom tomato soup to seared monkfish, this place is a must-try!
◦ Cafe Luna: An Italian cuisine with a Tuscan flair located in the heart of downtown Raleigh. It’s not just the cuisine that takes you to Italy in this cafe, it’s also the beautiful art.
◦ The Peddler: One of THE best steakhouses in all of NC! Each steak that’s served has been aged for a minimum of 28 days for ultimate flavor and tenderness. The prime rib is the house specialty!
◦ Death & Taxes: A contemporary restaurant dedicated to the technique of cooking with wood fire and southern ingredients.
◦ The Oak: Voted the best bourbon bar in Raleigh, the Oak is a purveyor of fine American bourbon and elevated kitchen recipes. The menu is made from scratch creating dishes paired with in-season fruits and veggies.
◦ Mandolin: Southern at its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the music is American, and the atmosphere is soulful and comforting.
◦ Second Empire: For all you history gurus. Located in the elegantly restored Dodd-Hinsdale house (1879), this restaurant combines history, atmosphere, and gourmet cuisine.
◦ Angus Barn: A steakhouse serving American-style food including in-house aged steaks, fresh seafood, locally grown vegetables, and homemade desserts.
◦ Virgil’s Tacos: Is there anything better than Mexican food + cocktails? This place is so fun and serves hand-crafted cocktails, authentic Mexican cuisine, and has the best music playing every time.
◦ Cowfish: One-of-a-kind fresh sushi and burger dishes to die for! They even offer sushi burgers called Burgushi, a cutting-edge fusion of sandwiches made with sushi! You gotta go.
◦ Vivace: Some of the best Italian food you’ll ever experience! A Tuscan-inspired trattoria offering pasta, pizza, seafood, and so much more.
◦ Bar Taco: Inspired by the beach culture of Brazil, Uruguay, and Southern California, Bar Taco is upscale street food with a coastal vibe in a relaxed environment. Also known for some of the best margaritas ever.
◦ Rose Water Kitchen and Bar: Such a fun place that brings to life the charm and intimacy of the village lifestyle. Honest food, craft cocktails, and a well curated wine selection.
◦ Heron’s at the Umstead: American food redefined! Chefs redefine by infusing classic concepts translated with local, seasonal ingredients and precise technique, brightening each ingredient’s flavor and purpose.
◦ M Sushi: Dedicated solely to high-quality seafood with a small and purposeful menu! Only the most special, seasonal seafood is received directly from Japan, Korea, and the US.
◦ Peak on Salem: You’re guaranteed great wine with great food in good company at this restaurant. With a new menu all the time, Peak on Salem offers only the best in a plethora of food genres.
◦ Provincial: With a never-the-same menu selection, this restaurant is a must-try! From the best cheese plates to the freshest seafood, Provincial is one you’ll love.
◦ Vicious Fishes: A craft brewery focused on juicy, balanced IPAs, deliciously fruited sours, and clean German Lagers. A super fun atmosphere, too!
◦ Ironwood Grill: Experience a warm and welcoming environment at this American cuisine. The seasonal menu combines the signature flavors of the South with local and international ingredients.
◦ OSHA Thai Kitchen + Sushi: Authentic Thai food, Japanese bites, sushi, sashimi, and craft cocktails. From rice and noodle entrees to sushi rolls and Thai Town mules, you’ll LOVE this one.
◦ Angus Barn Turkey Lounge: Ranked one of the “best business bars in America” this lounge features a light menu, leather couches, HDTVs, and an exquisite list of fine spirits.
Keep everyone in the loop by sharing this post: