I think we can all agree that we could all use some comfort right now. With so much uncertainty surrounding us, I am doing my best to stay POSITIVE, HAPPY, and full of DELICIOUS food! I’ve been asked at least a thousand times for my cookie recipe, so here it is! I’m warning you now… these cookies are not healthy. They will not give you a six pack or fuel you with protein or secret sauce. But they will make everyone happy, make your house smell good and are a breeze to prep, bake and clean-up after. I have plenty of “healthy hack” cookie recipes that I will post another day–but for now, let’s just eat some comfort food and enjoy it!
Makes Approximately 3 Dozen Cookies
- 4 c oatmeal
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 2 c shortening
- 1.5 c brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda, dissolved in 2 T warm water
- 1 c ground flax
- 1.5 c shredded coconut
- 1 package chocolate chips or chocolate morsels
- Pre-heat oven (or Traeger!) to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (or grease it if you don’t have parchment)
- Mix all ingredients in an electric mixer... or by hand if you are Super Man.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies onto lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cookie rack.
I hope you LOVE these as much as we do! Also, you can shop my kitchen spread below with some of my favorite things!
To make your life super easy, we also created this awesome free printable for everyone! That way, you can print it out and keep this recipe handy for the future! Click here or the picture below to grab your downloadable copy.
Want all future recipes delivered straight to your inbox?! Make sure you’re on our exclusive email list!