If there’s anything mamas love, it’s BRUNCH. An excuse to wake up lazily, drink a mimosa and chow down on breakfast foods on a Sunday morning?! Sign. Me. Up. I LOVE Mother’s Day because Tim and Leni (and now baby Boone, cue the waterworks) always make it a point to bring me breakfast in bed, and this year I’m (humbly) requesting this SUPER easy spinach mushroom frittata with arugula salad!! To alllll the baby mamas in the world: sit back and let someone make this amazing and easy brunch for YOU.
Spinach Mushroom Frittata with Arugula Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 strips of bacon, small diced
- 6 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the eggs together. Add in the milk, salt and pepper. Set aside
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat add the bacon and the mushrooms. No need for any oil the bacon fat will render. Cook until the bacon is cooked and the mushrooms are browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- When the bacon and the mushrooms are done add the fresh spinach to the pan. Stir to combine everything. Cook the spinach for about 2 minutes.
- Spray a 10-inch cast iron pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the bacon, mushroom, spinach mixture into the pan. Then pour in the whisked eggs, gently stir a bit. Sprinkle in the goat cheese crumbles, be sure to reserve some for topping the salad later.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. The center will be the last part to finish cooking.
- While the frittata is baking, place the arugula in a mixing bowl and gently toss with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve add the arugula salad to the top of the frittata add the reserved crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
I’m drooling thinking about this but it’s fine, I’m fine. SO excited for y’all to try this out!! I also linked a few fun little decor pieces here:
Happy, HAPPY Mother’s Day to you superhero mamas out there!! How are you celebrating this year?! Comment below and enjoy your day!!