February 28, 2021
I feel weird even prefacing this recipe with anything other than “WHAT are you waiting for?!” but it needs to be said: I have a sweet tooth that will notttt quit and I’m all in on this brown butter oat blondie. It’s warm, buttery, and the MOST comforting dessert you didn’t know you needed. The Planet Oat Blueberry Oat Crumble frozen dessert on top elevates this already insane dessert to a new level, (and it’s DAIRY FREE which makes me say amen hallelujah) so now I’ll say: what are you waiting for?!
1. Preheat your oven to 350F or Traeger Grill to 350-375F
2. Add the butter to a light bottom skillet, like stainless steel, and melt the butter over medium-high heat. Let it fully melt and begin to make popping sounds. Watch carefully as the butter browns. Let that delicious butter turn
golden brown in color, then remove the pan from the heat and let cool. The
aroma should be delicious and nutty. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, add the sugar and brown sugar. Then, gently add the brown butter, whisking to combine everything together.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the vanilla together until the
eggs are slightly frothy on the top.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the sugar mixture, and whisk to combine
everything (workin’ for the blondie, amiright?!).
6. Add the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and white chocolate chips.
Use a rubber spatula to gently combine everything. Make sure not to over
mix, and note that there should be small bits of flour throughout the batter.
7. Transfer the batter to a buttered 10-inch cast iron skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes in either the oven or Traeger grill. Bake until the edges are golden brown and the center is just barely cooked through.
8. Once the blondie is baked, let it cool for about 5-7 minutes. Then top with scoops of Planet Oat Blueberry Oat Crumble Ice Cream and serve/devour/inhale immediately.
You HAVE to try this recipe–and even if you don’t, you’ll need to join me on Planet Oat and their new frozen desserts because life is goooood up here.
Keep everyone in the loop by sharing this post: