August 8, 2019
How in the world is it already AUGUST?! There are still a few more weeks to enjoy the pool, summer toys, and hot days but not for long! The back-to-school season is upon us and we are starting to get our mini-me’s PUMPED for the first day! Of course it’s always great to reuse any hand-me-downs from older siblings but sometimes you have to splurge. A fresh start is a fun way to get them excited for the new year! This Friday Finds is PACKED (may have gone slightly overboard) with hot off the shelf items from backpacks to planners to super cute running shoes for ALL ages. Raise your hand if you are ready to get this list started………
1. First and Last Day of School Chalkboard Sign: ANY grade and age can use these!! Mamas… snap a picture of your kids each year with this sign (make sure you fill-in all the details) and one day you will be SO thankful. Worth every penny!
2. HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer: This printer is AMAZING. Your teens can instantly print pictures, add fun designs and swap photos they take with their friends. After they are finished they can just slip the printer right back into their backpacks. This would even make a sweet gift the night before school when the butterflies start kicking in!
3. Tile Pro with Replaceable Battery: Everyone I know (including me) that uses these things say that they are a LIFESAVER. You just clip the Tile onto your keys and you can find them anywhere while using the Tile app on your phone. Goodbye keys that are forever lost in couch cushions, toy bins, and sports bags. Your kiddo (if they are old enough to have a phone) can use these, too!
4. Camo Personal Planner: This is THE planner of all planners. It’s a binder, notepad, homework planner and has folders built right into it!! This is ideal for middle and high schoolers trying to stay on top of their loaded schedules.
5. Elmer’s Change Blue to Purple Washable Glue: This glue changes color when it is exposed to light! This takes school projects (with a washable clean-up) to a whole new level.
6. Arteza Glitter Gel Pens: I used to think these were the coolest things ever when I was younger. This pack has 14 different colors and are GREAT for school (if allowed on homework), home or traveling. A little shimmer and shine is what everyone needs in their life.
7. Yoobi Mini Highlighters: Mini highlighters… who knew that was a thing?! They are SUPER bright and are little for little hands… too cute!
8. Double Ended Stamp Markers: TWO for one… markers AND stamps! Let your little’s imagination run wild.
9. Yoobi Standing Pencil Case: This is awesome for staying organized at home, school or even if your kids tote pens and markers for entertainment at restaurants. It’s not only a case but also a pen cup!
10. Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer Sanitizer: This is the #1 hand sanitizer out there! Clip on to your kid’s backpack zipper so it’s easy to reach.
11. Alpaca/Llama Pom Pom Keychain: This has Leni’s name written ALL over it but part of me wants one, too. Your daughter can clip this on her keys or backpack to add an extra dash of fun. These would also make an adorable present for friends if they want to match and come in 349,359,000 different colors.
12. Post-It Super Sticky Notes: How adorable are these school bus sticky notes?! Leni actually loves buses and counts them on the drive to school. Your kids can use them for making to-do lists for school, keeping track of chores, and/or doodling.
13. Honeysticks 100% Pure Beeswax Crayons: These are completely NON-TOXIC and are handmade using 100% pure beeswax. This pack comes in 12 exciting colors so your children can really get creative!! PS: Free coloring book PDF download with purchase…winning!
14. Morgan Storage Kid’s Desk and Hutch: This desk is a CLASSIC design with a cork-board, storage drawers and cubbies for organization. It doesn’t just have to be a spot for homework but can be for arts and crafts, too! It is available in three different colors so it will be sure to match your interiors- charcoal, simply white, and blush.
15. Herschel Supply Co. Kid’s Backpack: Camo, camo, camo!! There is enough room to carry around notebooks, a computer, and binders. Tim approves and is on the hunt for his very own!!
16. Skip Hop Zoo Winter Backpack-Deer: Functional yet adorable! For all my outdoor lovers this deer backpack is for YOUR precious preschoolers. It can actually hold a handful of supplies and has a mesh pocket on the side for a water bottle!!
17. Mackenzie Grey Classic Camo Reflective Lunch Box: The ultimate CAMO lunch box! I’m thinking Baby Boy Brent will need one of these in the future. It keeps food cool, contained AND has a weather resistant exterior so they can take anywhere- from school to field-trips to camping!
18. Aqua Disney Frozen Kids Lunch Box: This lunchbox is what Leni’s dreams are made of. It can be personalized and has Elsa and Anna on the cover… enough said.
19. Bentgo Children’s Lunchbox: Leni has this lunchbox in purple!! I LOVE it because it’s LEAK-FREE and has five different compartments for all of her lunch foods and snacks. Also a bonus- Bentgo is a proud supporter of Feed the Children that helps children and families in need… win-win situation!!
20. Russbe 18727 Reusable Snack and Sandwich Bags: These bags are the BEST! First off they have friendly monsters on the front that will get your kids excited about eating ALL the healthy snacks but they are also… dishwasher safe! YAY! So you can totally reuse and easily take on-the-go.
21, Native Kid’s Jefferson Water Shoe: PERFECT for boys and girls! They are colorful and waterproof so even if it rains and your babies are jumping in puddles they can still wear throughout the day. Leni has them in white and pink if you’ve seen on my Instagram.
22, ASICS Kid’s Gel-Venture 7 GS Running Shoes: If you’re a Mama to a boy he is probably constantly on-the-go… from after school soccer to basketball to baseball. These running shoes provide support, traction and are durable. They come in a more feminine color, as well!
23, Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Tops Kid Sneaker: Will Converses ever go out of style?! That’s a solid NO in my book. Kid’s and adults alike have been wearing these for YEARS and go with jeans, dresses, shorts… everything!
24. U Brands Locker Organizer and Decorating Kit: Make the most of a small space with this locker organizer. It even comes with a white board so kids can write reminders and notes.
25. Ann Clark Cookie Cutters 5-Piece Set: FUN ACTIVITY ALERT… make back-to-school themed cookies with your youngsters the night before school for their teachers with these cutters! The staff will definitely appreciate it and will switch-up an apple they may receive from another student.
26. Biscuit Goes Back to School: Cuteness overload. You can read this book to your babes before bed or in the mornings before drop-off… the SWEETEST book EVER! By the Way- Biscuit has a whole series of books I recommend if you don’t have already.
Does this list cover all the basics and then some?! Whose kiddos are looking forward to starting a new school year?! The first couple of weeks of preschool were r-o-u-g-h for Leni but now she LOVES it and honestly would probably go everyday if it was up to her. Once they get into a routine and make a few friends… it’s all up hill from there 🙂 Let me know your experiences in the comments! We’re ALL in this together Mamas, Dads, Nanas, Pop-pops…!
Pssst… Forward this list to any other parents/ guardians out there and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE if you haven’t already to get BRAND NEW BLOGS straight to your inbox. Be on the look out on TUESDAY for the next blog post!!
Keep everyone in the loop by sharing this post: