If you follow me on Instagram, you know Leni and I spend a TON of time playing outside on our porch. I seriously cannot wait to be doing the same thing in our new yard at our brand new house, and with a baby brother in tow! In order to keep my favorite girl entertained outside (because toddlers have the attention span of a butterfly!) it takes a little…convincing sometimes. Luckily, there are so many great outdoor toy and activity options and I’m sharing some of my favorites with you on this edition of Friday Finds! (If you haven’t already, check out our very first Friday Finds, focused on one of my favorite things: grilling!)
- Sprinkler and Splash Pad– Who doesn’t love a sprinkler?! We live in North Carolina, and even though we LOOOOOVE it–it is HOT. Like, insanely hot. This sprinkler and splash pad helps LB beat the heat!!
- Saucer Tree Swing– Traditional tree swings are awesome, but this saucer swing is seriously so neat and fun for kids!
- Regatta Swing– I am seriously already daydreaming of Leni sharing this with her baby brother in a few years: hopefully they’ll sweetly share toys, anyways!
- Inflatable Outdoor Easel– This is such a sweet option for kiddos who want to be doing something fun outside, but don’t feel quite like playing. We love anything that allows Leni to be creative–this outdoor easel definitely does that!
- Bug Catcher– This was seriously one of my favorite activities when I was little, and I love watching Leni watch fireflies here in North Carolina. The cuuuuutest.
- Up & Down Roller Coaster– This probably goes without saying, but this definitely isn’t a “let them play alone” kind of toy–it is SUPER fun for smaller children, but adult supervision required!
- Wiggle Car– Leni definitely needs something to help get her wiggles out; and if you’re a toddler parent, chances are you’re gonna want to buy this energy-burner ASAP.
- Soccer Set– Baby’s first soccer set!! I cannot wait to get Leni into more sports and activities, and I love watching her figure out what her “thing” is going to be. Right now, she loves being a plastic bow-shooting ballerina – my kinda girl!
- Lawn Mower– I have never seen a kid who didn’t like to pretend to do household chores–they make tons of versions of these little mowers, but we love this one!
- Kid’s Clubhouse– A kid with a clubhouse has to feel like the coolest person ever, right?! This playhouse is cute and surprisingly sturdy.
- Pink Ride-On– Leni got a similar ATV for Christmas from Big Baba and Nana Weezy (my parents), and girlfriend thinks she is hot stuffffff on her new wheels! She absolutely loves it.
- Sidewalk Chalk– Sidewalk chalk: the real MVP. I am pretty sure this is one of the best and simplest items on this list for looooong lasting entertainment: bonus points to this brand for being charitable and giving school supplies to kids in need!!
- Tumbling Mat-We’re in that phase of life where flips, twirls, and tumbles reign supreme: I love this mat that gives LB a safe place to do it all!!
- Slip-and-Slide: Three little words can make a summer wayyyy better: slip. and. slide. It’s a classic for good reason!!
- Grocery Store/Lemonade Stand– Imagination play is one of the best things for Leni’s age, and I love that this can be indoor or outdoor!
- Red Pedal Cart– This pedal cart is seriously the cutest!! It can handle tougher terrain as well, so this is the perfect outdoor riding toy.
- Cabela’s Bubble Lawnmower: Leni looooves bubbles, so this cute little bubble mower that puts out lots of them is like her dream come true.
- Bow and Arrow (Suction Cup): It’s never too early to start training up your little conservationist and hunter, right?! This is a pretty safe and fun little toy to set up, but don’t count on zeroing it in at more that 5 yards.
- Melissa and Doug Pool Toy: I am so ready to have a pool in our own backyard! For those of you that do, this fun (and adult supervision required, of course!!) pool toy is perfect for younger kids to have an activity to do in the water.
- Water Table: Kids love to play and pretend with water, so this water table is the ideal outdoor toy solution for toddlers and younger children.
- Waterfall Discovery Table: Like I said, kids and water tables are a match made in heaven. This one is so fun and innovative in encouraging different kinds of play!
What are your foolproof tips and tricks for keeping your kiddos entertained outside?! There are SO many of these toys that I wish were adult-sized–Leni loooooves them!!
If you have any requests for future Friday Finds, drop them below!
See you soon for even more blog fun!