My social media family is the BEST EVER and I never imagined having such a huge extended circle to share my life, pray for me and laugh alongside me, and I am super grateful for everyone who is part of this incredible community. With that being said, I get a lot of similar questions every day, so to make sure the answers are here whenever they’re needed, I decided to do a quick roundup! These questions are ALL over the map, but here are some frequently asked questions straight from my Instagram inbox:
1. What are we going to name our baby boy? I honestly have NO idea, still, so keep those sweet suggestions COMIN’ in the comments below.
2. Where do I shop? Cabela’s/Bass Pro Shops for everything outdoors and for my casual lifestyle wear (they have awesome flannels and jean jackets and sunglasses and so many things that people don’t always know about!). I don’t have a lot of time to physically go shopping for fancier stuff so I do most of it online… For dresses etc, I shop online on Revolve, Nordstrom, Zara, Aritzia, Target and a whooolllleee lot of Amazon.
3. What’s the car membership service you use? We use and love Driveflow; it’s a membership service and they swap our cars out for us when we’re ready so we can flip between a truck, SUV, sportscar etc depending what we need at the time and whenever my car turns into a cheerio-mobile (thanks Leni), I get a clean ride delivered to my door. Plus we don’t pay for insurance or maintenance on the vehicles which is a huge plus.
4. What are the MTN OPS EVA SHOCKEY products? I worked closely with MTN OPS to create useful and healthy products for all of us busy mamas–from Egg White Protein for smoothie bowls or baking a healthy after school snack, to Super Greens and Collagen to boost your metabolism and keep your skin and body feeling young–and to keep up with crazy pants toddlers. They’re full of amino acids and make me feel SO good about giving any combination of these products to my family.
5. Can you take ES MTN OPS while pregnant? I actually carried my canister of MTN OPS with me to show my doctor and get it checked out, and it was deemed completely safe for me and my pregnancy. With that being said, check with your care team before trying anything new while you’re pregnant or nursing!
6. Where can I find your Qalo line? I loooooove my Qalo bands and got a chance to create my very own ES LINE this year!! It included men’s and women’s styles and you can find the entire collection here: ES QALO COLLECTION.
7. What’s that meal delivery service you use? I have been using HomeChef for quite awhile now, and could not love the convenience and ease of it all more. They constantly change the menu up and make it so so easy to order. Fresh food delivered for me to cook with perfect proportions?! Yessssss, please.
8. What is Leni’s wagon called? It’s the Veer Cruiser, and it is the best investment ever. It fits Leni, Piper, all of our stuff and then some–and it’s made for super rugged, outdoor terrain. It even has attachments for a carseat so once Baby Boy arrives, I can cart around Leni, Piper AND the baby all at once! Hello, match made in heaven!!
9. What is that stool/tower Leni is always using? Leni’s tower is a total lifesaver and favorite around here. It’s the Little Partner “Learning Tower,” and allows her to be eye-level and help me in the kitchen, do art or eat her meals up at the counter without balancing on a stool or something unsafe. There’s even an opening where she can climb in and out by herself.
10. What are your favorite necklaces? I love accessorizing since I wear lots of neutrals, and I’m basically obsessed with Anchor Beads (where part of the proceeds go towards childhood cancer research!), Dana Seng for the “L” Necklace I always wear, Classic Rocks Couture, and Golden Thread.
12. What mount do you use for deer skulls? Skull Hooker All the way for quality and price.
13. How did you and Tim meet? He was playing for the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL) in Raleigh in 2011/2012 and I was in town for 48 hours to work at the Dixie Deer Classic (the local hunting expo) and we met there! We only talked for a few minutes and started talking a few months later when he messaged me on twitter (slid into my DMs…). Then a year later we went on our first date, a year after that we got engaged and a year after THAT, we got pregnant with Leni! This love story really needs its own blog so I’ll work on that because there’s so much more to it and it’s really stinkin’ cute.
14. What presets do you use to edit your photos? I have been keeping a biiiiit of a secret–but be on the lookout for my very own preset releases SOOOOOOON!!!! And by “soon”, I mean once I have this baby and move into our new house… so probably in a couple months!
15. When will the new house be ready?? Great question… we managed to build a house in the country during the rainiest year on record in NC (whoops) so it’s been VERY delayed but it’s coming along now and we’re shooting for a September move-in… with a newborn baby and a toddler in tow!
I’ll be answering all of the specific baby/hunting/homebuild etc. questions in separate blogs over the next few months, so COMMENT BELOW WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU WANT ANSWERED!!! And also make sure you’re subscribed and you’ll never miss a thing!
Photo courtesy of: QALO