One of the best things about summer is that life seems to slow it’s roll a bit. My travel schedule quiets down, my inbox isn’t so hectic and I find small windows of time to get through some books that I’ve been meaning to read!! Whether I can physically read a book on a flight or on a beach, or listen to an audiobook (which is more likely what I’m doing because I can do this while I’m on-the-go), I have always been a huge bookworm–maaaaaybe that’s why I wanted to write one of my own?! Though these don’t all fall into the same literary genre, they are all SO good and will leave you feeling inspired, motivated and entertained.
Note: All of the below links will direct you to a one-stop-shop for the hard cover, paperback or audiobook version of each title, so get clicking!!
1. Taking Aim: Since this is my blog, I am allowed to put this at #1 on the list – ha! I felt like I had a story to tell, so I told it: and sprinkled in some solid life advice and anecdotes throughout. It’s about following your passions, whatever they may look like and not letting the naysayers get in your head or fog your path towards the life YOU want to live. I loved writing it, and hope you’ll LOVE reading it! And I personally recorded the audiobook, so if you’re a book listener like me, this is the version for you!
2. The Magnolia Story: Okay, Chip and JoJo are all of our favorites, aren’t they?! This is such a light-hearted read and it makes me feel like we’re all BFFs now because of the fun and sweet stories they tell.
3. A Love Letter Life: This was a really sweetly unorthodox love story from the couple from TLC’s hit show Little People, Big World! It weaves together their strong Faith and commitment to each other and it left my heart full.
4. Girl, Wash your Face: Rachel Hollis is FUNNY! I had no idea until I read this book; but she’s definitely funny in a relatable and kind way, which I love. And she says things that the rest of us are thinking but are scared to say.
5. Girl, Stop Apologizing: Again, this book is very authentic to Rachel’s brand and voice, and it includes some super actionable tips for those of us needing an extra boost of motivation.
6. Can’t Hurt Me: Speaking of motivation–David Goggins is like a superhero (though he wants you to be your OWN superhero–this book is seriously empowering) and is a resilient, amazing person whose book is just as good and powerful and makes me want to conquer LIFE, so I bet you will too when you read this.
7. The Everything Store: I am SO fascinated by success stories like these, and The Everything Store (it’s about how Amazon started) reeled me in from the beginning and reminds me how the BIGGEST successes started from small ideas and a lot of hard work.
8. You are a Badass: Just a casual reminder for us ALL to embrace our inner badass, and this book is a good place to start.
9. The Terminal List: I mentioned this book on the recent Father’s Day post because it is THAT good–it’s why they starting using the word “gripping” as an adjective for books. My friend is the author and he is a real-life Seal Team badass so now you have another reason to get this book.
10. Brave, Not Perfect: This book is all about embracing yourself, being bolder, and not caring as much what people think (which we could all use as a reminder, sometimes)!
11. Never Split the Difference: Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. SO many people don’t speak up and ask for the things they deserve, and Never Split the Difference encouraged me to always push the envelope. My mom gave this book to Tim as a gift a few years ago and I borrowed it and think it can be a huge help to so many people.
12. Shoe Dog: This is the memoir of Phil Knight, the founder of Nike–so needless to say, it is SUPER interesting, inspiring, and a great read.
13. The Best Yes: I love that this book encourages you to slow down and answer “yes” to the One we should be paying attention to, rather than the crazy demands and whirlwind of being busy. I am guilty of saying “yes” to every request I get so this faith-based book was a great reminder that I am in charge of my life and have the power to decide how to designate my time without feeling guilty.
14. Where the Crawdads Sing: This is a super emotional, gritty, and captivating book that is the absolute definition of unputdownable. A tougher read, but a good one.
15. The Getaway Girls: This is the lightest read on the list but it’s SO sweet and is the perfect cheesy beach read.
16. The Tattooist of Auschwitz: Get the tissues ready for this one: I’ve never been on the edge of my seat with a book, but definitely was with this one.
17. Two Hearts in Tanzania: Another AMAZING look into conservation that we as hunters are really all about–I can’t say enough good things about the outlook of culture and customs written about Cabela’s founders. So cool!!
18. Life is so Good: This is SUCH an inspiring book about seeing the bright and happy side, no matter what your circumstances are.
I loved reading/listening to all of these books and I’d love to get some new ideas for books so drop your favorites in the comments below so I can add them to my list!
Also, like always, let me know what you’d like to see on future Friday Finds in the comments below so I can keep these posts coming!